Sunyslope Gears Up For Prom Season

Grace Lawrence, Reporter

With flashing lights and unbelievable decorations, get ready to boogie down with a “Night at the Disco”, Prom 2023. 

Sunnyslope is getting ready for prom, a “Night at the Disco” 2023. The Prom will be at the Children’s Museum of Phoenix on April 22. 

Students on the committee chose the prom theme without teacher involvement, and really enjoyed the process.

Prom Committee Member Claire Calkins said, “Choosing the theme was very student-driven. I’ll say it was students coming up with all the ideas, students were the ones voting and students get to decorate too. The teachers didn’t really give us any kind of parameters, which I really liked”.

Junior Class Advisor Sarah Schlesinger said that they chose the Children’s Museum of Phoenix as this year’s prom venue based on the previous times they’ve used this particular venue in the past, and that they had to choose this venue pretty early in the school year.

The prom venue this year is the Children’s Museum of Phoenix which has tons of great qualities to offer.

Calkins said, “In the main area, there’s a play structure that is something super tall that  we have access to, so that’s gonna be kind of fun to see what people do. There are three floors that are open to us. We also have access to the pool noodle fort on the third floor”.

The Prom Committee and Student Council is encouraging all Seniors and Juniors to attend and take part in prom.

Student Council President Vylet Bertonico said, “We are having a spirit week, the week of prom to get the hype going, filled with dress up and spirit days leading up to prom! I believe there is going to be a good turnout and I know a lot of people are excited!

Prom is a once in a lifetime experience for some people, students shouldn’t want to miss out.

Schlesinger said, “Students think that they will regret going, but they will really regret the fact that they didn’t go, you don’t get to have this type of experience often.”

Usually, up to 600 students end up attending prom so the prom committee urges students to buy them quickly.

Students are able to buy their prom tickets now for $60 at first and second lunch and later $70 at the door the day of prom.