Record Smashed

Record+Smashed
Carlee Cox

The Sunnyslope High School 4×100 relay team broke a school record on April 6th after running a 42.09 to beat the other competing schools according to the team’s instagram account.
This happened at Pinnacle High School at an event called the Pioneer Track Meet
The Sunnyslope boys 4×100 relay team included Senior Deven Broady, and Juniors Jamorris Edmonds, Aaron Johnnie, and Mack Kump broke the school’s previous record time.
Kump described the recording breaking as “great”
The boys put in a lot of time and effort to be able to accomplish the task of breaking the school record previously held by Graduates Luke Moga, Luke Snyder as well as Mack Kump, and Jamorris Edmonds at a 42.43 time.
Beating the record “took a lot of hard work throughout the season,” Kump said.
The 4×100 tends to be a nerve racking event but not for Kump.
The event brings “a lot of emotions,” Kump said.
The boys understand how exceptional their accomplishment is but believe that there is more to do in their track career.
“We want to break the record again,” Kump said. Kump believes a 41 second time is somewhere within reach.
The team, leading up to the event knew they had to perform at a high level to make their mark at this meet.
“We had high expectations to beat the school’s record,” said Relay Team Member Deven Broady.
The commitment and effort the boys put into beating the record is certainly not something that should go unrecognized.
Practice was a vital piece for the boys as “everything has to be perfect,” Broady said.
Aaron Johnnie, Jamoris Edmonds, and Mack Kump will continue their track career here at Sunnyslope High School for their senior years while Deven Broady is headed to Southern Utah University to continue his track career.
The boys will finish this season on a positive note with a lot to accomplish and more records to be broken.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com