Softball Raises Money For Charity

Grace Lawrence

Sunnyslope Varsity Softball hosted the annual Lace Up game for Pediatric Cancer against Sandra Day O’Connor on Monday, March 25th to raise funds for pediatric cancer and support for families affected according to Coach Mike Fenton.
This event happened at the Sunnyslope softball fields and the money was raised by donations, raffles, food ,and merchandise sold “The Lace Up night raises money for children with cancer and brings awareness to the disease,” Sophomore Riley Rounds said.
These funds were able to help families who might not be able to afford their sick children’s needs.
“I felt very proud of my team and the school for what we put on to help these kids fight cancer,” Freshman Molly Nordstrom said.
The players were more than pleased with the outcome they caused for the children in need.
“It felt good raising this money to help kids achieve their cancer goals because I knew money was going to someone who really needed it, and it felt good that we could help out children struggling with this disease,” Rounds said.
Additionally, the experience caused fond memories for those who attended.
“My favorite memory from this Lace Up game was watching the little girl who survived cancer throw the first pitch and seeing how happy it made her parents,” Rounds said.
The Lace Up game was not only a heartwarming experience for the players but for the parents and those who donated.
“Around 500 dollars was raised through the 50/50 raffle,” Rounds said.
However, if more people had donated the team would have been able to help more people and provide hope for families who are suffering.
“I think that if more people donated it would help kids dramatically, fight cancer,” Nordstrom said.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com