Advice from the Staff

image_pdfimage_print

After months of stress from classes and college applications, the Class of 2024’s high school career is coming to a close.
They have seen the campus change and grow from their Freshman year.
With their 4 years of experience at Sunnyslope, the seniors on the Viking Views staff still have some wisdom to impart on their fellow students.
Many of the staff members encouraged students to attend as many school events as possible, especially in their senior year.
Reporter Katie Lemon said to partake in activities that “get you out in the community and meeting people” or “hanging out with people you already know.”
Others members agreed with that sentiment.
“Take advantage of the fact that it’s your last year, get out of your comfort zone,” said Entertainment editor Gavin Fernandes.
Homecoming traditions are always suggested for students to partake in.
Visual editor Tiffany Hagan said, “I think the bonfire is always good, I love that Homecoming tradition! I think that’s my favorite”
The staff also shared some memories from past classes.
Sports editor Sam Porell considered his experiences in Digital Photography 1-2 and with teacher Kim Rivery.
“I gotta shout out Ms. Rivery – she keeps it real,” said Porell.
Fernandes reflected on his journey from Honors English 1-2 his freshman year to his current involvement in Journalism.
Fernandes said, “Mr. King has just kind of been there the whole journey, it’s been great.”
They also shared some overall class advice for future senior Vikings.
Hagan said that the final years of high school should be about “honing your talents” and that students should “focus on classes that you actually want to improve in and have fun.”
Fernandes provided similar advice on choosing senior year workloads.
“Senior year should be a lighter year. Don’t slack off, obviously, but it doesn’t have to be as difficult if you don’t want it to be,” said Fernandes.
For anyone trying to plan for the future, Asher Taghizadeh suggested a very logical approach to class choices.
“Try to get a bunch of college credit so you don’t have to pay if it’s credit by credit,” said Taghizadeh
Even with the stress of the future possibly looming on students’ shoulders, the Vikings View seniors guaranteed that everything will work out.
Lemon
“Do what feels right. Just do what you know you’re interested in and you’ll get far with that”
As a reminder to all Sunnyslope students:
“You can do this! Try your best and go Vikings!” said Hagan.

Donate to Viking Views
$125
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com

Donate to Viking Views
$125
$750
Contributed
Our Goal