Slope Appreciates Teachers

Slope Appreciates Teachers
Jessica Campos

It’s Friday, you’re walking down the hall to go to your science class, you hear the loud music blaring from a far and as you approach there is science teacher Jamie Mitchell greeting her students with warm smiles and maybe a question about their day, not just starting the lesson, but building a foundation of care and memories that could last a lifetime.
Mitchell is one of the many teachers here at Sunnyslope that work hard everyday to make sure their students have a great high school experience.
The teachers here at Sunnyslope High School come to work every day for the students all year making sure they get the proper education to graduate and have a successful life.
“I love all of my teachers, they are like my other family members for a year,” Junior Brianna Pecak said.
Pecak is one of many who see their teachers as a special part of their life.
“I have close relations with some of my teachers, especially, Mr. Fenton who was also my coach for years,” Senior Brayden Johnson said.
Teachers play huge roles in students’ lives, some are more than just teachers, some also as coaches who have connections with students that others may not.
“Sometimes I feel bad for all the teachers when I can see how stressed out they are after a hard day of work,” Senior Nevaeh Warren said.
Teachers do a lot for students behind the scenes that a lot of people don’t see or realize, like creating a fun way to teach curriculum to students, making it fun for them along with preparing you everyday for the end of the year test.
“I truly do appreciate all of my teachers and wish I could show it a little bit more,” Freshman Kolin Boldon said.
There should be more appreciation for all of the teachers’ hard work.
“I try to remember my teacher’s birthday and get them a little something when I can,” Senior Rilyn Fort said.
Small acts of kindness for a teacher could make their day without you knowing it.
“I try to make my teachers’ lives easier because I know they have their hands full with a lot,” Freshman Lilli Schmitt said.
Teachers deal with a lot of stress accompanied with their job and having students help them out can make their job a little bit easier.
Collectively, we should all appreciate teachers a little more with all that they do for us and provide students with. Doing a small act of kindness or even thanking your teacher can make their day.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com