So You Think You Can Dance?

Zeltzin Nava

Sunnyslope dancers will perform in a dance show on May 15-17 in the Sunnyslope High School Auditorium, according to the dancers. 

The dance team plans to use this opportunity to showcase the dances they’ve been working on over the last month to the Sunnyslope community. 

Slope dancers strive for absolute perfection in their performances. 

To accomplish this, the performers are putting their all into dance preparation. 

Sophomore Biz Pierce said, “we’re preparing in class by working to clean up our dances and improve on anything that needs to be fixed.” 

Pierce also said, “running through the dances repeatedly helps us secure it in our minds to ensure that we look our best on stage.” 

Repetition of performance guarantees an outstanding show from the Sunnyslope dancers, who hold themselves to a high standard. 

Sophomore Chloe Halbach said, “we practice everyday in class and record ourselves dancing to critique [ourselves].” 

By holding themselves accountable, these girls can improve on their dances in and out of class. Although practice can be exhausting, Sunnyslope dancers are looking forward to this experience.

“I feel excited about it because in my experience, …the dance shows have always been so fun and a great way to get excited about performing,” Pierce said. 

They’re all incredibly thrilled to show Sunnyslope the work they’ve been putting into their routines. 

“I am super excited for people to see what we have been working on,” said Sophomore Liana Schroder. 

Dance is something these girls genuinely enjoy. 

It’s something that makes them happy. 

Halbach said, “Dance makes me feel relaxed and I went into it because I thought it would give me more opportunities.” 

Dance can also be a way for these performers to escape and take a breath of fresh air. 

“I got into dance originally because it sounded like a nice way to clear my mind during school days, and I am still doing it because I learned that it’s a great way to stay active, gain flexibility, and improve rhythm,” Pierce said. 

These dancers are working incredibly hard every day to ensure an outstanding performance for the Sunnyslope Community. 

They all enjoy the beauty and relief of dance and are working to share that with Sunnyslope High School.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com