Students Find Success at FBLA State

Reese Rusing

Over 10 Sunnyslope students placed in the top five at the Arizona FBLA State Conference on April 8th-10th, according to FBLA Coach Joshua Cunningham.
The conference took place in Tucson, Arizona where students fought a hard battle in order to place in the competition.
Students were all competing in different topics such as Data Analysis, Health Care Administration, Marketing Concepts, and Agribusiness. All large topics that could get tricky if not prepared for correctly.
All students prepared differently for this competition. Some students played different roles in making sure their team could succeed properly.
“I was in charge of… making sure I presented my slides properly,” said Senior Brooklyn Gerdes.
Gerdes placed 1st in Data Analysis with the help of Senior Arya Banks.
Some students were competing in more than one event at a time. Sophomore Noah Hernandez placed 2nd in Health Care Administration and 3rd in Intro Marketing Concepts.
“Competing in more than one topic was not super challenging because you get a lot of time at state to compete. Most people have more than one event at the state conference,” said Hernandez.
Junior Thomas Butler, who placed 2nd in Agribusiness, had confidence throughout the whole competition. “I… was well-prepared to present,” said Butler.
The experience of competing in high school is like no other as you get to have fun with friends and experience new learning opportunities.
“Competing with friends made the experience even more enjoyable,” said Butler.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com