100 Wins (and counting)

Seniors Cilus Cabral and Malachi Aispuro celebrated their 100th wrestling victory this season.

These seniors in particular are proud of this accomplishment because their freshman year, during the height of the Covid-19 restrictions, saw the opportunity for matches reduced to just 14 instead of a normal season over thirty or more matches.

“It took a long time and a lot of effort,” said Cabral, “but it felt good overall.”

Aispuro agreed with his teammate that this achievement is due to lots of hard work and hours spent in the gym.

“It just shows how much time and dedication I’ve put into the sport,” said Aispuro, “It wasn’t a specific goal, but it still cool to say I’ve beaten 100 different people.”

Both wrestler never thought of the accomplishment when they first began, but now that they’ve reached their 100th win it is cause to celebrate.

“It’s an honor to know that I’ve been able to wrestle that many people,” Aispuro said.

100 wins is an honor that not many students get the opportunity and both Cabral and Aispuro didn’t let their chance slip.

Cabral said, “This opens up doors for colleges now that I’ve gotten to that goal and that I have enough experience to get there.”

Hopefully this is just the beginning of several more impressive accomplishments in store for some of Sunnyslope’s finest wrestlers.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal