Vikings to Jacks

Vikings to Jacks

Very rarely do multiple athletes from high school get the opportunity to play in college but it is even more rare for 2 of them to go to the same college.
This year Juniors Laney Wilson and Georgi Stein will be heading up to flagstaff to play their volleyball team.
Wilson said that she just loves the sport and wants to pay as long as she can and is really excited to have someone that will have her back in college.
The two girls have played with each other already for a few years and over that time have become good friends.
“I’m very excited to play with her,” said Stein, “ She’s one of my best friends and she’s a very fun person to be around.”
Together this duo is not only fun to be around but also a deadly threat on the Volleyball court with both having surpassed 300 kills and 25+ kills in an individual season, but there are still some more goals to achieve.
Both Wilson and Stein said in their last year they want to try to make state and advance further than they ever have before.
Of course they also want to get better just like they have made incredible strides already in their first 3 years on varsity.
Wilson said that playing under Couch Amber LeTarte has helped her mentally and “just not getting down on myself about mistakes” and Stein agreed saying that LeTarte has “taught me how to be a leader and be more vocal.”
Do not expect Volleyball to take a step back next year with these two returning, but they will eventually leave for NAU.
“I’ve been talking to NAU for a really long time,” said Stein, “so it was really easy to get to know them” adding that her “entire family has gone there.”
NAU definitely made a great effort to secure these two aces and while many memories await for the duo at NAU there were plenty of memories made at Sunnyslope.
“Definitely Coach LeTarte,” said Wilson, “She’s very supportive and she’s just a solid coach.”
The players and Letarte have done an excellent job of fostering a supportive and fun environment for Sunnyslope Volleyball including some exciting get-togethers.
“My favorite memories are the retreat that the Volleyball team goes on every year,” said Stein, “It’s really fun to be able to bond with new players.”
Luckily, for viking volleyball fans and Wilson and Stein, there is still one more year of Volleyball to be played by these two future lumberjacks and it is sure to be nothing short of dominant.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com

About the Contributor
Sam Porell
Sam Porell, Sports Editor
Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal