As The Page Turns

An Inside Look on how Valhalla gets Made

Students flip through the pages of the yearbook ; they gasp and giggle.
They take time to snap their friends the funny moments from the year.
Valhalla, the Sunnyslope yearbook, has been in the making since August.
With some new and some returning staff members, the quality of the yearbook has been anticipated by many. Staff has sacrificed many hours to make this year’s yearbook the best book yet. They have organized this year’s student pictures, designed all the pages, and have gone to countless events to photograph.
“The beginning of the year is very chaotic,” said Yearbook Advisor James King.
King has a very high standard for the yearbook and although the process is difficult, the very skilled staff exceeds his expectations.
“I had really good editors this year, who knew how to get things done, which made it easier,” said King.
Students who are part of the yearbook staff must push each other to work hard so everything is completed on time.
“I would say it gets stressful if you have a group that doesn’t want to work,” said Yearbook Staff Member Nevaeh Warren.
While different staff members specialize in certain things they all work together on every page in the yearbook.
“I do whatever Mr. King feels that he wants to give me,” said Warren.
Multiple school events are shown off in the yearbook such as, sports, clubs, student, and teacher appreciation.
“It can be purchased ahead of time, but we will not get physical copies until about the second week of May,” said King.
The staff’s work will soon be recognized by students, staff, and Sunnyslope families.
“I am really excited to see how things are done in the yearbook,” said Freshman Carlee Cox.
As it is their first Sunnyslope yearbook, freshmen are thrilled to see the layout and all of the different pages the staff have put together.
Yearbook staff go through many emotions while the process of creating the yearbook unfolds. The staff come together and make it their priority to make sure every student feels included.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com