5 Simple Rules For Li’l Vikings

Starting high school can be very overwhelming and stressful; however, the Seniors are here to help with some tips for new freshman:

Students searching for how to adjust to the new school year should always ask for help, if they need it.

Senior Angelo Sierra said, “Our community really likes to love and help each other, so I would never be afraid to ask a fellow student, or even a teacher for help on any assignments or even just guidance to where you need to go.”

Sometimes it’s okay to be stressed, just don’t let it impact your day-to-day life.

Student Body President Claire Calkins said, “Don’t stress too much about it because a lot of the times what happened to me is that I would get too stressed about something and then just not end up doing it at all. Teachers are way more understanding if you’re open with them and you tell them what’s really going on.”

Asking questions in class can help you learn and understand lessons better.

Sierra said, “Don’t be afraid to ask questions. You know, I feel like many students have a fear of looking unintelligent, but the truth is, it’s better to have an understanding of what you are needing to learn. So you know, you know what you need to know for, let’s say an upcoming test or assessment.”

There are other resources students can use on campus as well.

Senior Anthony Gonzalez said that students should “go to the media center and the Viking Center” where tutoring and homework help is available.

Grades are always important, even in your freshman year.

Senior Jessi Frank said, “Freshman year is really important because a lot of kids completely forget about their GPA, and they forget about college because it seems so far away. Definitely keep your grades good in freshman year because it could hurt your chances in the long run of getting into colleges.”

Overall students should always keep Principal Jonathan Parker’s words in mind and care about their “grace, grades, and gratitude” while trying to make high school as easy as it can be.

Donate to Viking Views
$100
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sunnyslope High School. Your contribution will allow us to host a digital presence and pay for the fees associated with the domain SHSVikingViews.com